Zeds Dead & Jauz Release ‘S.O.S.’ Collab
January 11, 2023
January 11, 2023
Without a doubt, Gem & Jam holds a special place in Arizonan’s hearts. Every year, the event is held in accordance with the Tucson Gem, Mineral, and Fossil Showcase, making the two a perfect pair for lovers of both gems and jams. This year, they’re going bigger than ever with expansions on all areas of the festival, so we’ve outlined five reasons why you just can’t miss it this year:
1. As mentioned earlier, the Tucson Gem Show will be taking place all over Tucson that weekend. As one of the largest showcases in the world, hotels, strip malls, parking lots, and convention centers will be filled with vendors from places far and near. The Gem Show is where you can find the best quality stones, minerals, and precious gems for an exceptional price.
2. Plus, at Gem & Jam, there’s live painting taking place all weekend. That’s right, artwork. Everywhere. Painters are posted in every corner for the duration of the event. Watch as individuals start and finish their masterpieces in four days, and witness each work of art come to life.
3. Who doesn’t love a good camping festival? In Arizona, the weather is perfect for it this time of year. Enjoy waking up to precious sunlight and being hugged by the sun’s warmth throughout the day. At night, throw on your favorite pashminas to keep warm. With camping, be one with the festival as you live amongst the crowd, literally.
4. Speaking of the crowd, Gem & Jam brings a special kind of vibe with the demographic of people that come out. Naturally, you’ll meet some of the most genuine, laid-back characters around. Walking in any which way, you may even find some friends you already know! Don’t worry when it comes to making new ones, though. Gem & Jam is crawling with friendly faces.
5. Every year, Gem & Jam builds a shockingly distinct lineup. With roots in jam and electronic music, there’s styles for everyone to enjoy. This year, Thriftworks, Papadosio, The Russ Liquid Test, Random Rab, and Michael Menert will be taking the stage. Plus, enjoy two nights of STS9 and Lettuce!
Even though Gem & Jam will be here next month, we’re starting the celebrations early with the official pre-parties all over the west! Pre-party shenanigans will be taking place in Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Crystal Bay, and Santa Cruz leading up to the event. Also, single day tickets are on sale now, so grab yours here if you can’t make it out all four days, and peep the schedule to make sure you catch all your favorite acts.
So if you’re thinking of attending this year, act fast because Gem & Jam is coming up from January 25th-28th. Due to the tremendous growth of the event, last year Gem & Jam was moved from Tucson’s notorious event space, the Slaughterhouse, to the Pima County Fairgrounds. Every year, more and more people come out to gather and enjoy such an event, so come on down and join us in experiencing the occasion everyone’s been talking about.