One does not passively listen to EDM. It’s an all-consuming obsession that draws you in mind, body, and soul. The dispersant of information is key to staying up to date. Between show announcements, news, merch drops, free downloads, and of course Twitter beef, it is a place to stay in the know. We know it can be a little overwhelming, so we’ve outlined the top 5 EDM Industry Twitter accounts you have to follow to stay up to date on all things electronic.
- Relentless Beats. Yep, we do the tweeting too! On any given day you can catch us announcing the sickest EDM shows and festivals in AZ, ticket giveaways to those events, high priority music news, and key highlights from people in the scene. On festival days, we live tweet the event to ensure people who are unable to attend don’t miss a drop, beat, or rave booty. Be in the know, be relentless, check us out here.
- AZ Raves. Similar to us, the great people at AZ Raves keep you up to date on all things EDM in the valley. And even better, if you ever have an epic shuffling vid or pic of you and the squad, they will post it up for all 34k followers. Because electronic music is such an inclusive community it’s important to give that element to the media. We love AZ Rave because they embrace the best part of the culture to social media. You’re one click away from 34k new friends, follow them here.
- MixMag. A magazine in its original form, the MixMag twitter is an extension of the phenomenal publication. Leaning to the professional and editorial side of things, they share insightful and quality content that revolves around all the things dance music. For a well-rounded look at the scene, keep up with the Mix Mag Twitter and their music focused tweets.
- EDM.com. Do you ever log into Twitter and pray for a flood of EDM memes? If so, this is the account you need. Filled with hilarious memes, show announcements, and need-to-know content, this Twitter tackles a more national approach to delivering on fun dance music news. If you’re ever eying an out-of-state festival. EDM.com’s Twitter will keep you informed.
- Owsla. Aside from Skrillex’s personal Twitter–which should be followed as well–his label’s twitter, Owsla, is where it’s at. Home to some of the most notable DJ’s and Producers in the world, this label, and Twitter is a constant wealth of knowledge. Since Owsla is a literal EDM powerhouse, they not only speak on the labels representees but every news worth artist and event. You can find things like Porter Robinson’s debut album anniversary and behind the scene shot of Buring Man. They also promote their merch which is easily some of the sickest in the game. Follow them here.