HI-LO Releases New Techno Single, ‘WANNA GO BANG’
October 5, 2022
October 5, 2022
The weekend that you have all been waiting for. The last half-year has been leading to this moment. You’ve seen it all over your Facebook accounts, your twitter accounts, Instagram, Snapchat, text messages, school bulletin boards, work bulletin boards, flyers, magazines, newspapers, maybe even on your car windshield. Well I have two bits of great news…
1. MAD DECENT BLOCK PARTY IS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!
2. EVERYONE’S PROFILE PICTURES WILL BE CHANGING!!!!
But, not only are we bringing you your favorite Mad Decent staples like Dillon Francis, Major Lazer, What So Not, and Post Malone, but we have a little pre- and post-party action for you all to compliment it. Kick off your Mad Decent weekend with the Bass Wednesdays Un-Official MDBP Pre-Party at Wasted Grain hosted by the hard-hitting DJ 4B. Similarly, when the Block Party is over, the party does not cease. Close out your weekend festivities with the Official Mad Decent after party with Sam Feldt’s North American Show Me Love Tour at Urbane Manner immediately after the show! And… If that just doesn’t hold you over, catch Mick Jenkins and Stwo at the Monarch on Saturday night for their all ages event that is sure to leave you wondering what Relentless Beats has to come next weekend. Lets dive into this massive weekend and get ready to go absolutely MAD!
Kick off your killer weekend early on Wednesday night for Hades’ and Relentless Beats’ presentation of Bass Wednesdays at Wasted Grain in Old Town Scottsdale where DJ 4B will be tearing up the decks and giving you a small taste of what you can expect this weekend. Labeled the Un-Official Mad Decent Pre-Party, this is shaping up to be the biggest Bass Wednesdays to date. 4B, the 22 year old producer out of Staten Island, New York, is known for his aggressive Jersey club sound. Having made appearances at EDC New York, EDC Las Vegas, previous Mad Decent Block Parties, and most recently, Nocturnal Wonderland, this young producer is on the fast track to becoming the next big thing. Having recently dropped a phenomenal remix of Fetty Wap’s “My Way” with Flosstradamus and an original track with French superstar Mercer entitled “Bounce”, 4B is set to completely destroy the 100 Proof Lounge and aptly prepare you for the weekend. Speaking of which, if you buy your presale ticket you will be entered to win a ticket to Mad Decent Block Party AZ on Friday Sept 18th! Winners will be announced randomly throughout the night. Invite your friends to this event page and get ready for a night of heavy bass music!
And festival season is officially here! We kick off our massive season, which includes N9NEFEST, Foam Wonderland, Global Dance Festival, and Decadence, with more to come early next year, with the fan-favorite festival MAD DECENT BLOCK PARTY! This years festival includes returning talent including Dillon Francis and Diplo, this time appearing with the worldwide sensation, Major Lazer. In addition we will have first time AZ Block Party patrons like Thomas Jack, What So Not, Yellow Claw, and Oliver Heldens. And finally, this will be the first time that rapper, Post Malone, performs in the Valley of the Sun.
We all know a good amount about each of these DJs, but lets just highlight a few of their tracks and what makes each of them unique quickly.
1. Dillon Francis – The LA based producer has just released his highly acclaimed This Mixtape is Fire EP which includes massive tracks and collaborations like “Bun Up the Dance” with Skrillex, “What’s Your Name” with Calvin Harris, and “Coming Over” with Kygo. Having made a huge splash at Wet Electric earlier this year and completely dominating the crowd at his hometown festival, HARD Summer in August, you can expect the groundbreaking music and hilarious performance of Dillon Francis to completely enrapture the crowd this Friday night.
2. Major Lazer – Diplo’s digital reggae passion project, Major Lazer, who also consists of Jillionaire and Walshy Fire, just released their most successful album to date, Peace is the Mission, with another, Music is the Weapon, set to drop later this year or early next. Peace is the Mission features tracks with the fantastic Ellie Goulding, Ariana Grande, and 2 Chains, as well as the platinum track, “Lean On” featuring DJ Snake and MO. This will be Major Lazer’s first appearance as a group in Arizona, so prepare yourself for some massive production from one of the biggest acts in the world.
3. Oliver Heldens – Oliver Heldens has been everywhere lately. The young superstar, at only 20 years old, started his career with the infectious “Gecko”, which later received the vocal treatment from Becky Hill, and became one of the biggest tracks in the industry. From there we have tracks like “Koala”, “Melody”, and “Shades of Grey” with Shaun Frank. With his instant success and world-wide popularity, Heldens was able to start his very own Heldeep Records where he will release music of his own as well as from his alias HI-LO. To date he has released 3 tracks as his alias, which he will use to create heavier, bass-driven music like “Crank It”, “Renegade Mastah”, and “Wappy Flirt“. This wunderkind will not disappoint come Friday. THAT, I can guarantee.
4. Post Malone – Standing out as the only rap artist in the bunch, expect a change of pace for the show when Post Malone takes to the stage. Known for his standout track, “White Iverson”, Post Malone found a love for music through, of all places, Guitar Hero. After teaching himself to play guitar using YouTube videos as a guide, the insta-star started messing around with FL Studio where he created his hit track. The rest is history. On a side note, Post Malone states that when he’s 40 years old he plans to be a country singer, but that it’s “down the line”.
5. Thomas Jack – Tropical House phenomenon, Thomas Jack, will be bringing us his chill out tunes to give Arizona the much needed reminder that summer never truly ends. Achieving his status through tropical remixes of our favorite tracks, his podcast, and touring with Kygo late last year, Thomas Jack has quickly made a name for himself, even releasing his own original tracks with the first being the recently released, “Rivers”. The free spirited DJ made his initial AZ performance last year at the Monarch Theatre, but this time around, with a fuller body of work, Thomas Jack is set to let his waves wash over you.
6. What So Not – Having recently split with his What So Not counterpart, Flume, Emoh Instead is now commander-in-chief of the experimental trap project, What So Not. With their Gemini EP set to release very soon, the final collaborative effort with Flume, be ready to hear some mind-boggling tracks like the trippy titular track “Gemini” and the odd “Oddity”. Having just recently wrapped up his Australian hometown tour, Emoh is currently playing Mad Decent Block Parties across the nation including shows in Berkley, CA and Eugene, OR. Don’t miss your favorite Australian play you some music with the ferocity of a “Jaguar”.
7. Yellow Claw – This Amsterdam-based trio has been dominating dance floors since day one with their ridiculously popular “DJ Turn It Up”, and even as of recent with the pop/trap blend, “‘Til It Hurts” featuring Ayden. But their versatility doesn’t stop there. Recently the group took a different approach to their usual dubstep/trap sound with the more melodic “Run Away”. Returning to Arizona for the first time since their appearance at UK Thursdays last year, expect Yellow Claw to demonstrate to you their musical diversity and expect to have little to no ear drum left to spare. BASS!
Yeah, that’s Mad Decent Block Party for you. You should have your tickets already, but in case you don’t… let me remind you. BUY THEM NOW!! Failing to do so will result in extreme regret 🙂
Although the doors open at 9pm, fear not, you can make it from Mad Decent to Urbane Manner in time to catch Sam Feldt show you love. The Dutchman, Sam Feldt, will be your post-Mad Decent blues cure. With some extremely solid remixes out this year as well as the title track for his tour, “Show Me Love”, Sam Feldt has proven his worth in the electronic music industry in a short amount of time. Although not his earliest tracks, Sam Feldt has recently been at the top of his game. Starting his career in 2013 as a producer for numerous tracks, Feldt released some of his own original music shortly after beginning. However, to follow his massive success in 2015, Sam released another immensely stunning track, “Midnight Hearts”, which has been doing just as well as “Show Me Love”. To have two such unique tracks do so well alongside each other is quite the success story, and you’re going to want to be able to say you saw this guy before the flame turns into a fire. Oh, and if last week’s Zedd after-party with Alex Metric is any indicator of what you can expect at Relentless Beats after parties, let’s just say: nothing is impossible.
Mad Decent Block Party… What a weekend it is set to be. Don’t be the loser who says, “I didn’t go to Mad Decent Block Party”, be the winner who says, “I did.”