Relentless Beats presents 5th Annual Goldrush DJ Competition on Friday, August 26, 2022 at Crescent Ballroom in Phoenix, AZ. This show is 18+.
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL COMPETITION RULES! GOOD LUCK!
1. All are welcome to compete (18+).
2. Please record a demo set and upload to your SoundCloud or MixCloud account. The set needs to be at least 30 minutes long and feature your style of music. In other words, don’t submit a trance set and play dubstep during your performance. The mix does not need to be exclusive for the competition, but the fresher the better ☺ Name this set “Goldrush AZ Competition 2022” so we can find it easily.
3. Please fill out this form with all relevant information: https://forms.gle/Zr7qj91D9tBRUdH57
4. All submissions must be in by 11:59PM on Friday, August 5, 2022. 10 applicants will be selected by the Relentless Beats team to compete along with 2 Wild Cards to fill any no-shows.
5. To ensure equal crowds and fair time slots for everyone, slots will be drawn at random by the competitors at 6:30PM before the doors are open for the show. If you are not checked in by 6:50PM you will forfeit your slot and it will go to one of the wild cards. Check this page or the facebook event page for updates. We’ll also email your instructions. You will get a 20-minute timeslot. There are no timeslot changes allowed so if you do not show up for your slot once you draw it, you forfeit it. So make sure you are available on this date for the full show time before entering competition.
6. All DJs will need to arrive at Crescent Ballroom by 6:30PM to check in and encouraged to support the other DJs throughout the competition.
7. Winner of opening Goldrush time slot will be announced at the end of the show.
You can perform on any equipment or software you want provided that it will work with the Crescent Ballroom DJ Booth limitations. The DJ Booth will have 2 PIONEER CDJ 2000 Nexus 2 and a DJM 900 NXS2 mixer ready to go. NO pulling equipment. There are two open lines on the mixer and approximately 16in of space for additional equipment on either side of the CDJs. You may use the CDJs or one open area of the booth & one open channel on the mixer. You cannot use both the open channels or both open areas. An RCA will be provided and hooked to the mixer. Your set time will be timed to the minute so make sure you prepare for a solid 20 minute set. We will cut you off if you run over. Don’t worry we will be there to give you notice on time. You must be an adult (18+) to compete. All forms of electronic music are accepted.
You will be provided a promo code for $5 guestlist and you must have at least 20 people redeem your code and actually show up to support your performance. This is the minimal requirement to qualify for the prizes. Our ticket system will keep track of the codes redeemed and the guests that show up. DJs, big and small, put a lot of effort into promoting themselves. If you take the Goldrush stage, we want someone who pushes himself or herself as an artist.
Judging will be based on the following categories:
Technical Judging: Difficulty of Performance, Phrasing, Musicality, Use Of Technology, and Ease of Setup
Interactive Judging: Track Selection, DJ Booth Presence, Crowd Interaction/Response.
If you bring a big crowd, it will help with the crowd response.
We will design a flyer for each competitor for your promotional use. Please promote your performance. Again, crowd interaction is a key factor.