Relentless Beats and Psyko Steve present Light A Fire – 1st Annual Hearts On Fire Battle Of The Bands on Saturday, August 13, 2022 at Rebel Lounge in Phoenix, AZ, 85016. This show is all ages.
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL COMPETITION RULES! GOOD LUCK!
- All are welcome to compete.
- Please record an Instagram reel and post it on your Instagram account. Start by introducing the band, and then play a song (5 minutes max). Use the hashtag #lightafireaz and tag @heartsonfireaz so we can find it easily☺
- All submissions must be in by 11:59 PM on Friday, July 22, 2022. 6 applicants will be selected by the Relentless Beats & Psyko Steve team to compete along with 2 Wild Cards to fill any no-shows.
- To ensure equal crowds and fair time slots for everyone, slots will be drawn at random by the competitors at 6:30PM before the doors are open for the show. If you are not checked in by 6:50PM you will forfeit your slot and it will go to one of the wild cards. Check this page or the facebook event page for updates. We’ll also email your instructions. You will get a 20-minute time slot. There are no time slot changes allowed so if you do not show up for your slot once you draw it, you forfeit it. Please make sure you are available on this date for the full show time before entering competition.
- All bands will need to arrive at Rebel Lounge by 6:30 PM to check in and are encouraged to support the other bands throughout the competition.
- Winner of the opening Hearts On Fire time slot will be announced at the end of the show.
You can perform on any equipment or software you want, but please keep in mind you will have a limited amount of time for changeover (15mins) and linecheck (5mins) with no full soundchecks provided. To ensure this process is smooth, we will provide a professional 5-piece Drum Kit as backline to remain on stage all night and we strongly encourage only bringing a snare and cymbals to speed up the changeover process. We also ask that once you are chosen to compete, you provide us with an accurate Input List which will be forwarded to the venue engineers so they are prepared for your act to hit the stage in a timely manner. Your set time will be timed to the minute so make sure you prepare for a solid 20 minute set. We will cut you off if you run over. Don’t worry we will be there to give you notice on time.
You will be provided a promo code for a $5 guestlist and you must have at least 20 people redeem your code and actually show up to support your performance. This is the minimal requirement to qualify for the prizes. Our ticket system will keep track of the codes redeemed and the guests that show up. Bands, big and small, put a lot of effort into promoting themselves. If you take the Hearts On Fire stage, we want someone who pushes themselves as artists.
Proceeds benefit Rosie’s House. Rosie’s House’s mission is to eliminate barriers to high-quality music education. Through music, they support youth as they develop their full creative and personal potential. Learn more at RosiesHouse.org.
Judging will be based on the following categories:
Technical Judging: Difficulty of Performance, Musicality, and Ease of Setup
Interactive Judging: Stage Presence, Crowd Interaction/Response.
If you bring a big crowd, it will help with the crowd response.
We will design a flyer for each competitor for your promotional use. Please promote your performance. Again, crowd interaction is a key factor.